What’s up, 12’s?! Welcome to this week’s edition of Talking Touchdowns.
Russell Wilson admitted that the Seahawks were off rhythm in the first half against the 49ers, but thankfully they got their tempo going in the second and came out victorious! The Hawks are 7-4 and have a very tough stretch to end the season. It’s week 13 and Seattle will welcome the 10-1 Philadelphia Eagles to Century Link Field for Sunday Night Football. It’s time to kick another bird out of the nest.
Seattle Seahawks vs. Philadelphia Eagles
- Keep it fresh and keep it fast, that’s Pete Carroll’s mantra when it comes to the pass rushers. Michael Bennett, Marcus Smith II both tallied a sack while Frank Clark and Branden Jackson shared one of their own. Jackson has only been on the active roster since October 7th, so I guess that’s where “fresh” comes in.
- The tight ends dominated in the endzone on Sunday with both TD’s coming from Jimmy Graham and Nick Vannett. It was an extra special TD for both guys, it was Vannett’s first NFL touchdown and Jimmy’s 16th as a Seahawk which is the most TD’s by a tight end in franchise history. Both TE’s celebrated with a Techno Dance Party in the endzone, which has got to be one of the best TD celebrations in history.
- Carson Wentz is having a spectacular season. He currently leads the league with 28 touchdowns and is five TD passes away from setting a single-season team record. However, his most impressive stat is his ability to take care of the football. He has not thrown an interception in three consecutive games.
- The Hawks run defense has been solid and consistent in these last few games, holding Carlos Hyde to just 47 yards on Sunday. The Eagles have power rushers Jay Ajayi and LeGarrette Blount which might be arguably the most dominant duo the Hawks have faced all season.
- It surely helps Wentz’s numbers to have a trio of elite receivers on the other end of his passes. Zach Ertz, Alshon Jeffery and Nelson Agholor each have six or more TD receptions this season.
- NFL’s 2017 Defensive Player of the Year is Bobby Wagner…too soon? He is most definitely on pace to nab the title after tallying his 100th tackle this season which now puts him at 100 or more tackles in every year of his career.
- Two final positives coming from last Sunday’s victory had to be the Hawks meer 35 yards in penalties and ZERO sacks for Russell Wilson! This is the first game this season that our QB stayed clean…can’t say the same for poor CJ Beathard.
There’s no doubt that week 13 just might be the Hawks toughest matchup this season, however, I am optimistic that home field advantage will be to our advantage because The Eagles only loss this season has come on the road against the Chiefs in week two.
Go Hawks!Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and make sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram @seahawksFGSN. Go Seahawks!
- Russell Wilson on Wikimedia Commons by Larry Maurer
- 49ers on Wikimedia Commons by Sports Logos.Net
- Eagles on Wikimedia Commons by Philadelphia Eagles
- Pete Carroll on Wikimedia Commons by Mike Morris
- Michael Bennett on Wikimedia Commons by Jeffrey Beall
- Frank Clark on Flickr by Mike Morris
- Jimmy Graham on Wikimedia Commons by Mike Morris
- Carson Wentz on flickr by Keith Allison
- Carlos Hyde on wikimedia commons by Jeffrey Beall
- Zack Ertz on Wikimedia Commons by Keith Allison
- Nelson Agholor on Wikimedia Commons by Keith Allison
- Alshon Jeffrey on Wikimedia Commons by Keith Allison
- Bobby Wagner on flickr by Keith Allison
- CJ Beathard photographed by Tracy Sandler
- Thump & Jump on Youtube Audio Library by Jimmy Fontanez/Media Right Productions
- Seahawks Stadium on Wikimedia Commons by Unwritten Journal