In my first Talking Touchdowns game preview, I take a look at who to watch and what to look out for, including:
- The not debut of Jared Goff. The Rams’ first round draft pick is currently number three on the QB depth chart and will be inactive for the game. That’s not unusual for rookie QBs, but usually you want your number one pick that you traded the world for to start. Anyway, Case Keenum gets the nod to start after going 18-of-24 for 188 yards and a TD in his three preseason appearances.
- The most important person on this offense – running back Todd Gurley. He averaged a second-best in the NFL 2.9 yards after contact last season. He will be up against a tough but young 49ers’ defensive front, but the Rams much-maligned offensive line seems to finally be coming together.
- Aaron Donald and William Hayes, who will be the anchors on the defensive line, as they try to stop 49ers’ running back Carlos Hyde. They will be up against a much-improved San Francisco offensive line, but Donald and Hayes are among the league’s elite, so Hyde will have his work cut out for him.
- How the offseason losses of Rodney McLeod and Janoris Jenkins hurt the Rams’ secondary. However, that’s a wash because the 49ers don’t have much of a receiving corps to speak of. Also, their quarterback is Blaine Gabbert.
- And my game prediction for week one!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and enter my giveaway below for the chance to win two tickets to the Coliseum to see the Rams take on the Dolphins.