Los Angeles Rams vs. Dallas Cowboys
The Rams hold the top spot in the NFC West, but can they hold is against the Seahawks?
What’s up Ramily! WHAT A WIN! Although I predicted this one, I was still a little shocked. Now the Rams have another NFC matchup this week against the Seahawks and I have a few things for you to keep an eye on.
Los Angeles Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks
- First, Jared Goff and the Rams offense. This is where the Rams have struggled mightily over the past couple of seasons under previous head coach Jeff Fisher, but their recent success is finally proving that coaching changes can have a huge impact on performance. Jared Goff continues to improve each week as he went 21 of 36 for 255 yards with two touchdowns and no turnovers. The offensive line is helping tremendously and Goff is finally able to have more time in the pocket.
- Todd Gurley, I can’t say enough about this guy. He had another breakout performance as he rushed for 121 yards on 23 carries and added another 94 yards on seven receptions with a touchdown. Like I said, when Todd Gurley plays well, the entire offense follows suit. The chemistry on the Rams offense is improving every week. They are finally meshing well as a group, which is key a factor in this team getting imperative wins like this past one over the Cowboys.
- The Rams defense was able to get two sacks on Dak Prescott, which is no easy feat on such a mobile quarterback with a strong offensive line. The Rams defense will need to be just as precise as they take on Russell Wilson.
- The Seahawks offense scored the most second half points in franchise history on Sunday vs. the Colts. This is huge for a Seahawks offense who has struggled to get going the first few weeks of the season. You can bet they will look to improve on their best performance of the season and really make the Rams defense work for the win.
- So far the Seahawks are 2-2 on the season and the vaunted “Legion of Boom” has not played up to their standards either. Until last week, they ranked last in the NFL on rushing yards per carry defense, but were able to get back on track against a struggling Colts team by giving up only 98 yards rushing on 25 carries. The Seahawks’ defense under Pete Carroll has perennially been one of the best in the league, so Goff and the Rams offense will have their hands full against a very talented defense.
Now for my game prediction. I am giving the Rams the Week 5 WIN! That’s right! This team is exactly on the path they need to be and I am gaining more confidence week by week. Let’s do this Rams Nation.Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and make sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram @ramsFGSN. Go Rams!
More about the NFL's Crucial Catch campaign here