Hi Chiefs Kingdom! Welcome to Talking Touchdowns!
It is hard to believe, but we are a little past the midway point in the season. Since they are on a bye week, it’s the perfect time to give the 6-3 Chiefs their report card.
- The Chiefs incredible leader, quarterback Alex Smith, has completed 204 of his 293 passes for 2,444 yards and 18 touchdowns. His quarterback rating is 113.9%, and the Chiefs rank 3rd league-wide for passing touchdowns. I am giving Alex an A+.
- Rookie running back Kareem Hunt has rushed the ball 800 yards so far this season. He averages 5.2 yards per carry and has scored six touchdowns. However, Hunt hasn’t scored a touchdown since scoring six in the first three games (four rushing, two receiving). I’m giving Hunt an A-.
- Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce has caught the ball 51 times for 629 yards and he has scored five touchdowns this year. He averages 12.3 yards a catch. Plus, his end zone dances are the best in the league. He gets an A!
- Wide Receiver Tyreek Hill has caught the ball 40 times for 617 yards and four touchdowns. He gets an A!
- Rookie kicker Harrison Butker has connected on his 19th field goal of the season, which leaves him just three shy of the franchise record. His field goal completion rate is 95%. Butker, you get an A+++.
- The offensive line continues to struggle to protect Smith. He has been sacked 24 times this season and lately they have not been able to open up holes for Hunt. The line gets a C+.
- The Chiefs defense is struggling, giving up 23 points a game and 390 yards of offense, which ranks them in the lower half of the NFL. They need to tighten this up. Sorry guys, but you get a C+.
The Chiefs get a B+. We have seven more games left this season, and I am confident that the Chiefs will make the necessary adjustments to get to the playoffs. Go Chiefs!Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and make sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram @chiefsFGSN. Go Chiefs!