Philip Rivers is what you would call the ultimate Charger, having been with the team 14 years.
Let’s get to know Rivers better in this edition of 5 Fun Facts:
1. After the Chargers decided to make the move to LA, one player did not. Rivers is still living in San Diego, making the commute everyday for work…but, he is doing it in style! He has turned his SUV into the ultimate man cave and office space. Not only does he have a driver take him to and from work each day, his portable office has two comfy chairs, a 40 inch flat-screen TV, satellite, wifi, and a refrigerator.
2. Rivers said he decided to stay in San Diego so he would not have to relocate his family. He has a whopping total of eight children – Six girls and two boys. Their names are Halle, Sarah Catherine, Grace, Clare, Rebecca, Peter and Gunner.
3. Philip and his wife, Tiffany, have been dating since they were in the 7th grade. The lovebirds wed over 17 years ago, shortly after his freshman year of college. Philip was only 19 years-old at the time and Tiffany was 18.
4. Rivers has repped the same number since high school, and his father wore the number, 17, when he played football.
5. Philip Rivers and his wife started a foundation called “Rivers of Hope” which strives to help find permanent, loving homes for foster children. In 2013, they announced they were closing the foundation in order to put the kids at the forefront. He says they are still very passionate about helping foster kids find homes and are continuing to do so privately.
Extra fun fact: Philip Rivers has always been my favorite NFL player because of his love for helping foster children. I resonate with him and his mission because I myself have eight cousins who were adopted into my family!
That’s all for todays edition of Five Fun Facts. I’d love to hear whom you’d like me to feature next!
More about the NFL's Crucial Catch campaign here