Joey Bosa was selected #3 overall in the 2016 NFL Draft as the Chargers first-round pick. Bosa, only playing in 12 games last season, was named the NFL’s Rookie of the year in 2016 and has been hyped up to have a great 2017 season.
Let’s get to know “Bosa-Bear” better with 5 Fun Facts About Joey Bosa!
1. Bosa’s father, John, was also a first round draft pick. In 1987, John was selected 16th overall by the Miami Dolphins.
2. The 22 year-old Joey Bosa was born on July 11. This makes him a Cancer, with other famous stars Ariana Grande and Selena Gomez.
3. Bosa hopes to one wear the number 97 again and claims it is a “Bosa-boy thing.” His father wore it and his brother, Nick, currently wears 97 at Ohio State.
4. Bosa’s first collegiate offer was to the University of Alabama, and he almost went there. Ultimately, he felt that Ohio State was the best choice for him to become successful in the long run. So far, it seems to be working out pretty well.
5. While at Ohio State, he was ranked as the 3rd All-Time best Defensive Lineman with 26 career sacks. This year, Nate Davis from USA Today ranked Joey as the best linemen in the league. Here’s hoping that is in fact the case!
I can’t wait to see what Bosa can do this season if he is able to play a full 16-game season. That’s all for today’s edition of 5 Fun Facts! More to come throughout the season!Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and make sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram @chargersFGSN. Go Chargers!
- Los Angeles Chargers logo on wikimedia commons by San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers
- Philip Rivers on flickr by Jeffrey Beall
- Josh Lambo on flickr by Jeffrey Beall
- Antonio Gates on flickr by Marianne O’Leary
- Keenan Allen on wikimedia commons by Jeffrey Beall
- Joey Bosa on wikimedia commons by Jeffrey Beall
- Melvin Ingram on wikimedia commons by Jeffrey Beall
- Denzel Perryman on wikimedia commons by Jeffrey Beall
- Ohio State Logo on wikimedia commons by Buckeyes1186