High-flying. Big play making. Dramatic. Those are words that have been used to describe the first place LA Rams all year, but for THIS week it’s exactly what we can use to describe our Cardinals! In this edition of Talking Touchdowns, it’s another rivalry week as the Cardinals will attempt to take down another first place team and, more simply, actually score against the Rams, which they were unable to do in London during Week 7.
Arizona Cardinals vs. Los Angeles Rams
- Carson who?! I kid, but Blaine Gabbert showed flashes with not only his arm, but also his legs on Sunday and should knock any uncertainty out of BA’s head when it comes to who the starting quarterback the rest of the year will be. Now, Gabbert should be trying to sell himself for years to come as well…which BA confirmed as much earlier this week. The 28-year old threw for 241 yards and two scores against the top ranked defense in the league and will need to keep it up to bring us back into the playoff hunt.
- It wasn’t that long ago that the Rams were floundering in the Midwest looking for an identity. Well, with a move to the West Coast they sure have one now! Jared Goff, Todd Gurley, and Cooper Kupp have seized the West Coast lavish lifestyle and are ringing up offensive numbers as high as a Gucci bag. Goff threw for 300 yards last week vs the Saints despite missing one of their top receivers, Robert Woods. Rams’ coach 31-year old Sean McVay, has flipped the script on an offense that averaged a league worst 14 points a game a year ago.
- For the Cardinals, we have been waiting all year for this!! HONEY BADGER! Tyrann Mathieu has not had as many flashy plays this year as he has in past, but that seems to have changed last Sunday. He made a clutch interception late in the fourth to preserve the tie and give the ball back to the Cardinals, who eventually won. That’s the flashy play of the Honey Badger we know and love! For the day, Mathieu had two pressures, allowed only two receptions on four targets allowing for a total of just two yards. Is the sneaky, big play making Honey Badger back?
- For the Rams, I am going to highlight big bodied defensive tackle Aaron Darnold. In last week’s game, Darnold had one sack and for the year he has six. The Cardinals offense will be need to be on full alert with Darnold on the line. In last week’s win over the Saints, Pro Football Focus graded the tackle an 81.3.
Prediction! My reverse the curse seemed to work last week so I am doing it again! I am picking the Rams to Run away with this one. 27-20! You’re welcome Rams Fangirl Taylor!:)Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and make sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram @cardinalsFGSN. Go Cardinals!
- Los Angeles Rams on Wikimedia Commons by SportsLogos.net
- Arizona Cardinals on Wikimedia Commons by Moe Epsilon
- Carson Palmer Huddle on Flickr by FF Swami
- Jared Goff on wikimedia commons by Jeffrey Beall
- Todd Gurley on flickr by Christina VanMeter
- Gucci Storefront on Wikimedia Commons by Fridolin Freudenfett (Peter Kuley)
- Tyrann Mathieu on flickr by Gage Skidmore
- Aaron Donald on Wikimedia Commons by Keith Allison