Denver Broncos vs. Kanas City Chiefs
Broncos Country, it’s time for Talking Touchdowns, and this week I’m a little worried about the matchup. The Denver Broncos will head to Kansas City to take on the 5-2 Chiefs on Monday Night Football. Now, two weeks ago, I would’ve been really excited for this game, but considering the Broncos were shut out for the first time in 25 years on Sunday. It’s safe to say I’m deeply concerned. Let’s go ahead and take a look at the matchup:
We thought the game against the Giants was the all-time low but came to find out, it CAN get worse. The Broncos played a horrendous game against the Chargers losing 21-0 on Sunday. The offense was nowhere to be found, and, more specifically, the offensive line pulled a disappearing act. The Broncos had a total of 182 passing yards, 69 rushing yards, three fumbles (two overturned). Trevor Siemian was sacked five times but it felt like a lot more.
The Broncos’ offense became the Broncos’ defense worst nightmare, in spending way more time on the field then desired. Broncos Country, is it time to make a quarterback change?
The Chiefs may have started out the season on a hot streak but they have cooled off a little as of late. They’ve lost their last two games in close fashion to the Steelers and Raiders. The Chiefs offense ranks second in the NFL, which spells bad news for the Broncos. The Chiefs boast threat after threat…..after threat on QB Alex Smith, RB Kareem Hunt, WR Tyreek Hill and OLB Justin Houston.
Moral of the story, it’s going to be a tough one for the Broncos if they play like they have the last weeks. Unfortunately, with that being said, my game prediction is Chiefs 27- Broncos 10.
More about the NFL's Crucial Catch campaign here
- Denver Bronco Logo on Wikimedia by NFLCommunications.com
- Kansas City Chiefs on Wikimedia Commons by Kansas City Chiefs
- Arrowhead Stadium on Flickr by Brood_wich
- Halloween background by FootageCrate
- New York Giants on Wikimedia Commons by New York Giants
- Los Angeles Chargers on Wikimedia Commons by San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers
- Trevor Siemian on flickr by Jeffrey Beall
- Pittsburgh Steelers logo on Wikimedia Commons by Brighterorange
- Oakland Raiders on Wikimedia Commons by Oakland Raiders
- Alex Smith on wikimedia commons by Lance Cpl. Matthew Bragg
- Justin Houston on flickr by Mike Morbeck