Hello Niner fans! Our guys in the red and gold are back and ready for business, as the San Francisco 49ers are heading into 2016 with a new coach and a fresh start. The Chip Kelly led 49ers are hoping for a massively improved season and it all begins as they take on the Los Angeles Rams on Monday Night Football at Levi’s Stadium.
On this week’s Talking Touchdowns game preview, I take a look at the match up between the 49ers and the now-Los Angeles Rams, focusing on:
- Blaine Gabbert – He gets the nod at quarterback, while Colin Kaepernick will be his back up. Gabbert did not exactly shine during the preseason, but with Kaepernick missing so much time due to injury, the 49ers feel Gabbert is the clear choice. QB1 will have a tough job, as his wide receiver corps leaves a lot to be desired.
- The 49ers’ offense, which will be up against a formidable foe in the Rams’ defensive line, led by veteran Aaron Donald. Donald is one of league’s elite who is coming off a stellar 2015. On the plus side, LA’s secondary kind of stinks and the 49ers’ offensive line is massively improved with the return of Anthony Davis, even if he will be trying out a new position at right guard.
- The Niners’ defense, an area that I’m actually excited about. Between Arik Armstead, rookie DeForest Buckner and the seemingly fully healthy NaVorro Bowman, the defense is poised to come together and bring some excitement to Levi’s.
- San Francisco’s strong secondary who will be going up against a less than spectacular group of wide receivers.
- All that and my game prediction!
Thanks for watching. Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and enter my giveaway below for a chance to win two tickets to see the 49ers take on the Saints November 6th at Levi’s Stadium.