The San Francisco 49ers drafted running back Joe Williams out of Utah in the fourth round of the 2017 NFL Draft. After a brief retirement from football, Williams finished his senior season at with 1,407 yards and 278 yards in the Foster Farms Bowl against Indiana.
It is expected that Williams and Carlos Hyde will serve as a 1-2 punch, not necessarily in that order, in Kyle Shanahan’s offensive scheme. He has looked good thus far, and he will be an important member of San Francisco’s running back corps.
Before day one of mandatory minicamp, I had the chance to talk to Williams and get to know him better with 5 Fun Facts!
Watch the video to learn:
- What winter sport he loves in his spare time
- Who he likes going to the movies with and the most recent one he saw
- His favorite music, artists and concert he wants to go see
- How he likes to spend his resting time
- And what he loves most of all. It probably won’t surprise you, but it will make you smile.
Thanks for watching! Check out more of my 5 Fun Facts series here, and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly podcast and YouTube channel. Also, make sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram @49ersfangirl.