Joe Staley is entering his 11th year as an NFL offensive lineman. After 5-11 and 2-14 seasons, not mention lots of drama, years nine and 10 were probably not the best. But it’s a new era and new regime over at Levi’s Stadium, and things are definitely looking up.
“This might sound kind of bad, but I’m enjoying football again, said Staley. “I’m excited to come to work every single day. In the last couple years, there were days where I couldn’t honestly say that. So that’s awesome to have that feeling back.”
At end of Day 2 of minicamp, I had a chance to talk to Staley and get to know the offensive lineman a little better with 5 Fun Facts. Staley is very funny, and great to talk to to. Watch the video to enjoy his sense of humor and learn:
- His love of House of Cards and its main character Frank Underwood and why
- Favorite food (well foods)
- How he spends his off time with his kids
- His favorite sport that’s not football, favorite team and players in that sport, including his wife
- His first job. He may have a future here post football.
This a particularly, well, fun one! I hope you enjoyed it!