Hello 49ers Faithful and football fans everywhere! It is the most wonderful time of the year! It is the time when football and the holidays collide, meaning that is is also one of the busiest and more calorie-filled times of the year. But don’t you worry, because this Fangirl has you covered with a quick but effective workout for your tight end.
See below for the workout and make sure to watch the above video for a demonstration. You’ll get your heart rate up and your sweat on with this one. Have fun!
To start, do three sets each of the below:
- 30 seconds of jumping jacks
- Followed 30 seconds of football runs, because obviously
- Followed by 30 seconds of high knees
- And then 10 Wizards of Oz (essentially a jump squat in which you click your heels together in the air).
Next up, grab a set of light hand weights. Pick a weight that’s challenging for you, but one in which you can still maintain good form:
- Eight bicep curls
- Eight shoulder raises to the front (start with your right arm, then left arm, then both together)
- Eight tricep kickbacks
- Do this series three times through.
Finish with a one minute plank and you will refreshed, revived, and in pretty good shape. It will almost be like that peppermint bark and egg nog never happened. Almost.
Now, keep that pre and post-workout nutrition in check with a KIND bar. These snacks are great, because they are high in protein, gluten free, and have no artificial ingredients. And you can take them anywhere, including the game. Stay fit football fans.
Thanks for watching! Check out more of my Tips and Tricks series here. Don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly podcast and YouTube channel. Also, make sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram @49ersfangirl. Go Niners!