It’s Thanksgiving week, and even though the San Francisco 49ers are 1-9, I still have a lot to be thankful for with this team. Here are the five-ish things that top my list!
- I’m thankful for the 49ers Faithful and my incredible followers who tune in week after week!
- I’m thankful that there are only six games to go before we start looking forward to 2017!
- I’m thankful that this organization has such a commitment to community, philanthropy and giving back.
- I’m thankful that the 49ers are going to have a high draft pick and a ton of money to spend in free agency, assuming they actually draft well and use the money wisely. I’m hopeful for that.
- I’m thankful that I have five Super Bowl wins to look back on with fondness. Hell, I’m thankful I have 2012 to look back on with fondness, up until the very end of Super Bowl 47.
- And a bonus thanks – this team may drive me crazy, may drive me to drink, and may drive me to to tears, but I am incredibly thankful to have a job I love covering the team I love. I certainly can’t ask for more than that!
In life, I have so much to be thankful for, including an incredible family and amazing group of friends. I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! Happy Holidays and Go Niners!
*49ers Foundation Photos in video provided by 49ers.com