Hello 49ers fans. Well week one of the NFL season is in the books, and it was not a good one for the San Francisco 49ers. After a lot of offseason excitement and optimism, the Niners opened the season with a 23-3 loss to the Carolina Panthers.
A lot went wrong, but a couple of things actually did go right and there is reason to believe that this team will start to gel and improve as the season goes on.
- Reuben Foster, his strong play, and how he gets the fans pumped up. He looked great before leaving the game with an ankle injury. It remains to be seen how much time he will miss, but head coach Kyle Shanahan said in his experience, these things take about a month.
- the woes of the offensive line and why there is hope next week will be better
- the reality of Brian Hoyer as quarterback
- the improved run defense and improved defense overall
- the Seahawks offensive line issues and what that could mean for Sunday
- And some positive ways to look at the upcoming season.
The 49ers won their last two home openers and those seasons went down from there. This team will improve, but it is in a rebuild, and it’s going to take some time.
Thanks for listening! Go Niners!
*I mistakenly said Aaron Lynch was injured. He was inactive which was a coach’s decision.Don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly podcast and YouTube channel. Also, make sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram @49ersfangirl. Go Niners!