Niners win! Niners win! I know most of you were probably hoping they’d lose and keep the #1 pick, but it sure was nice to watch them win. And the red and gold looked like they won the Super Bowl, because for them, they kind of did.
We have one game left my Faithful friends, and it’s against…the Seattle Seahawks. The Seahawks are normally the 49ers and Colin Kaepernick kryptonite, but they are having some issues of their own, having lost three of their last five games.
In this week’s Talking Touchdowns video, I take a look at the matchup, including:
- The 49er defense, which was much improved on Saturday, and was able to get four sacks on Jared Goff. It has to continue that trend and take advantage of a Seahawks offensive line that has given up 40 sacks so far this season. The Niners also held the Rams to 99 yards rushing. Seattle ranks 22nd in the league in rushing, so the 49ers have a real opportunity to hold them on the ground.
- Injuries are the biggest hindrance Seattle has faced with the loss of safety Earl Thomas, wide receiver Tyler Lockett, and running back C.J. Prosise. That being said, Russell Wilson is still Russell Wilson, but with fewer weapons. The 49ers’ secondary that had not one but two interceptions on Sunday may be able to capitalize.
- Colin Kaepernick has had a very ugly relationship with Richard Sherman and the Seattle defense over the last couple of years, and that’s putting it mildly. However, Sherman is struggling and a little bit coming undone, so maybe just maybe, this is Kap’s revenge game.
- Look for Kaepernick to target Rod Streater, who scored the game winning touchdown before Kap’s two-point conversion on Sunday to help him do so. The Niners will be without Carlos Hyde so the air is where it will be at, maybe.
- And of course, my game prediction.
We’ve just about made it! Make sure to tune in to Fangirl Sports Network, as we’ll be covering the NFL playoffs and the Super Bowl! Go Niners!