‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through Levi’s Stadium, not a creature was stirring, not even a…well no one. The 49ers have a Christmas Eve away game. This season has been awful. Next season has to be better, so in the spirit of the holidays, I present 5 49ers’ Christmas Wishes.
1) Wide receivers. Between the draft and free agency, the 49ers have to bring in a couple of play-making wide receivers. People who can catch the ball and run with it. Is that too much to ask? Also, a draft class that doesn’t include a single person with an ACL issue. Not a one.
2) One more year for Chip Kelly. Firing a coach every year helps bad teams stay bad. How about we give Chip an improved roster and new defensive coordinator and then see what he can do?
3) A new General Manager. I’m sorry Trent, but it is time for a change. It will be good for you, good for the organization, good for everyone. Ninerville needs a redo, and this is the first important step.
4) An end to the drama. The one place the San Francisco 49ers have been consistent over the last couple years is in drama. It’s time to grow up and stop with the leaks, the rumors, the garbage. It’s not particularly appealing to play for a team that’s has banners calling for front office firings flying over the stadium every week.
5) Strength. We fans bleed gold and are Faithful no matter what, but we can use a little Christmas strength, whether it be in the form of egg nog or peppermint bark to get through this.
Remember, there’s always next season and the season after that. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good game!