The Blazers are the first test for the Warriors to reach their third straight finals. The pairing is a rematch of last years’ conference Semi-Finals, where Golden State won 4-1.
The Warriors just welcomed back Kevin Durant to their lineup. He looks comfortable and appears to be on his way back. Even before his return, the Dubs have been playing their best basketball of the season. Durant should only fuel the fire!
Statistically though (and it should be no surprise) the Warriors have the best offensive numbers in the NBA, averaging 116 points per game. And since March, the Warriors are also leading the NBA in defense, averaging only 98 points.
Golden State Warriors vs. Portland Trail Blazers
The Trail Blazers enter the series as underdogs, having bested the Warriors just once in the last seven regular season matchups. The Warriors swept the Blazers this season, winning all four games by an average of 19 points.
The Blazers will be hoping to get some good news with regard to the fracture in Jusuf Nurkić’s right leg, which has sidelined the center for the remainder of the regular season. Nurkić will be re-evaluated prior to the start of the postseason, at which time his availability for game one will likely be determined.
Polls show fans believe the Dubs will take the series in five games. What do you think Dub Nation? Will the Warriors sweep or win in five, six or seven. Tweet me your predictions at @WarriorsFGSN.
Golden State Warriors Western Conference First One Playoff Schedule:
- Game 1 – Sun. April 16 Portland at Golden State, 3:30 p.m., ABC/R
- Game 2 – Wed. April 19 Portland at Golden State, 10:30 p.m., TNT
- Game 3 – Sat. April 22 Golden State at Portland, 10:30 p.m., ESPN/R
- Game 4 – Mon. April 24 Golden State at Portland, 10:30 p.m., TNT/R
- Game 5 * Wed. April 26 Portland at Golden State, TBD
- Game 6 * Fri. April 28 Golden State at Portland, TBD
- Game 7 * Sun. April 30 Portland at Golden State, TBD
Photo credits (used in video):