What’s up Clipper Nation? Well, it was a weekend of victories for the LA Clippers, but before they start the playoffs, our guys in the red and blue have three more games to finish out the regular season, and they won’t be easy. The Clippers take on the San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets and Sacramento Kings and here are a few things to keep your eyes on.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs
First up, the Clippers finish out their last regular season road game in San Antonio as they take on the Spurs. This game could be a preview of a possible playoff matchup as the Spurs are currently second in the Western Conference. The LA Clippers have lost the last two matchups against the San Antonio so some changes will have to be made in order to get a much needed win.
The Clippers will have their work cut out for them as they take on two-time defensive player of the year, Finals MVP, All-Star and top 10 scorer Kawhi Leonard. He’s clearly a two way star and that means the Clippers defense and offense will have be at the top of their game.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets
Next up, the Clippers return home to take on yet ANOTHER possible playoff matchup as they face the Houston Rockets. This won’t be an easy back to back matchup as the Rockets are currently ranked third in the Western Conference. The Rockets are coming off three losses out of their last five games, so this is where the Clippers can capitalize as they are 4-1 in their last five games. The Clippers are looking good and hopefully feeling good. LA could be taking on possible MVP James Harden, but he has had flu-like symptoms lately, and the team has been encouraged to have him sit out the rest of the regular season.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Sacramento Kings
And for the last game of the regular season, the LA Clippers host the Sacramento Kings. Now although they lost against the Kings just over a couple weeks ago, I think it was a fluke. The Kings are clearly in a rebuilding year and the Clippers should be able to take advantage.
Make sure you watch the video to hear my game predictions!
- Los Angeles Clippers @ San Antonio Spurs, Saturday, April 8 at 5:30 pm, TV – ABC
- Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets, Monday, April 10 at 7:30 pm, TV – TNT
- Los Angeles Clippers vs. Sacramento Kings, Wednesday, April 12 at 7:30 pm, TV – Prime Ticket
Photo credits (used in video):
- Staples Center photo – Credit: David Jones posted on flickr as Minnesota Timberwolves – LA Clippers game at Staples Center
- San Antonio Spurs AT&T Center photo – Credit: Katie Haugland Bowen posted on flickr as NBA Playoffs Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs
- Golden 1 Center photo – Credit: Lisa Nottingham posted to flickr as Sacramento Kings
- Toyota Center photo – Credit: Hequalstohenry on widimedia as Inside the Toyota Center
- Kawhi Leonard photo – Credit: Jose Garcia from Orlando FL, USA – Kawhi Leonard Dunk
- James Harden photo – Credit: Keith Allison –on flickr as John Wall, James Harden
- Sam Dekker photo – Credit: Ketih Allison – on flickr as Clint Capela, Sam Dekker
- Rudy Gay photo – Credit: Michael Tipton – on flickr as (2013-12-21) Kings at Magic 21