What’s up Clipper Nation? I’m Taylor, your Clippers Fangirl and I’m so excited to be talking hoops with you all for the remainder of the season. So, let’s get right into it! The currently fifth seed LA Clippers are rounding out the regular season and just clinched their sixth straight playoff berth with a 108-95 win over the Utah Jazz. They’ve got a few games left before they start their playoff push, so let’s take a quick look at the upcoming games:
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns
First up, the Clippers travel to Arizona to take on the Phoenix Suns. Now, the Suns are in second to last in the Pacific Division and have lost eight straight games. The team has pretty much struggled all season but have quite a few young players that have made an impact this year. Devin Booker is leading the group with the second year player averaging a career high 21.6 points per game. Eric Bledsoe, TJ Warren and Tyler Ulis are not far behind and are proving to be rising stars.
That being said, they just don’t match up to the stars of the LA Clippers. With the rebound king himself Deandre Jordan; All-Stars Blake Griffin and Chris Paul; and Jamal Crawford, who recently hit a huge milestone of 18,000 career points, I think this should be an easy win for the Clippers.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Los Angeles Lakers
Next, the LA Clippers return home to host their cross-hall rivals the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center. It’s no secret that the Lakers are dead last in the Pacific Division. Really, the only thing they have left to fight for is more losses to ensure a top lottery pick in this year’s upcoming NBA draft. Brandon Ingram has been the only bright spot averaging 13.7 points, 4.3 rebounds and 2.5 assists since the All-Star break, but he’s doubtful for the next few games with a right knee issue.
Now, the LA Clippers are still recovering from a brutal loss to the Sacramento Kings, but when it comes to playing the Lakers, I think they will make sure to secure the win.
This weekend should be a solid a weekend of victories for the LA Clippers and help give them some confidence and focus as they close out the regular season.
- Clippers at Suns, Thursday, March 30 at 7:00 pm
- Clippers vs. Lakers, Saturday, April 1 at 12:30 pm
Photo Credits (used in video):
- Eric Bledsoe: Keith Allison posted to Flickr as Eric Bledsoe
- Tyler Ulis: Keith Allison posted to Flickr as Tyler Ulis
- Deandre Jordan: Keith Allison posted to Flickr as DeAndre Jordan
- Blake Griffin: Verse Photography – Flickr: 20131118 ClippersvGrizzles28
- Chris Paul: Verse Photography – Flickr: 20131118 ClippersvGrizzles41
- Jamal Crawford: Keith Allison posted to Flickr as Jamal Crawford
- Brandon Ingram: TonyTheTiger – Own work
- Lakers – Julius Randle – Keith Allison posted to Flickr as Julius Randle