What’s up everyone?! As we get ready for the NBA Finals, I thought now would be a perfect time for another edition of Five Fun Facts. Today’s player is someone I think we will be talking about quite a bit as we approach the Finals. Here are Five Fun Facts on the King himself, LeBron James.
1. LeBron attended St. Vincent-St. Mary High school, where he was named the state of Ohio’s player of the year three times, a feat that had never been accomplished.
2. LeBron was the Number 1 draft pick in what many people say was the best draft class the league has ever seen. Some of his draft classmates include Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade.
3. His much anticipated debut into the NBA did not disappoint. In a 106-92 loss to the Sacramento Kings, LeBron shot 12 for 20 from the field for 25 points, nine assists, six rebounds and four steals setting the record for most points by a prep-to-pro in his debut.
4. LeBron has always been vocal about his love for his hometown and perhaps showed his love most when he returned to the Cleveland Cavaliers. He also runs a non-profit organization called Family Foundation, which helps children in need in his hometown area.
5. As we all know, LeBron is one of the best basketball players in history. He joins Michael Jordan as the only two players to win a regular season MVP, NBA Finals MVP and Olympic Gold medal in the same year. I mean, WOW!
Can’t wait to watch this basketball icon continue to amaze us all!
- LeBron James on Flickr 1 & 2 by Keith Allison
- LeBron James at St. Vincent St Mary High School on lebronjamesfamilyfoundation.org
- Carmelo Anthony on Flickr by Keith Anthony
- Chris Bosh on Flickr by John Maynard
- Dwyane Wade on Flickr by Keith Allison
- LeBron James Family Foundation on lebronjamesfamilyfoundation.org
- Michael Jordan on Flickr by mccarmona23